Terms and conditions
VENUE AND DATES
The 5th Geography and Innovation Conference (GEOINNO2020) will take place at Clarion Hotel Energy in Stavanger, Norway, on 29th – 31th January 2020.
The different fees for participation at the GEOINNO2020 conference is as follows:
- Full GEOINNO2020 attendance: NOK 3 500
- Full GEOINNO2020 attendance for PhD fellows and students: NOK 2 000
- Conference attendance for non-presenters (excl. reception and gala dinner): NOK 1 500
- Reception at Arkeologisk museum Wednesday 29th January: NOK 700
- Gala dinner at Atlantic Hall Thursday 30th January: NOK 1 300
- GEOINNO2020 day pass Wednesday (incl. reception): NOK 900
- Conference day pass Wednesday (excl. reception): NOK 400
- GEOINNO2020 day pass Thursday (incl. gala dinner): NOK 1900
- Conference day pass Thursday (excl. gala dinner): NOK 800
- Conference day pass Friday: NOK 700
All day passes include coffee and snacks between the sessions. Thursday and Friday day passes include lunch buffet. Conference attendance includes all of the above-mentioned servings. Full GEOINNO2020 attendance includes all of the above-mentioned servings as well as reception Wednesday 29th January and gala dinner Thursday 30th January.
You can pay the conference fee with Credit/Debit card. Please note that you will not be registered for the conference until you receive a payment confirmation.
PhD fellows and students will be able to register for full GEOINNO2020 attendance at a reduced fee of NOK 2 000. The requirement to qualify for this fee level is that the person is a student or PhD fellow at the time of registration. The GEOINNO2020 Organising Committee reserves the right to ask for documentation confirming eligibility.
If circumstances change and you can no longer attend the Geography of Innovation Conference 2020, you may cancel your registration by contacting our registration organiser Egencia Meetings & Events via email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or via phone +47 23157510.
The Geography of Innovation Conference 2020 refund policy is as follows:
– Cancellation before 24th November 2019: Partial refund of registration fee (less a one-time NOK 375 (≈ EUR 37) administration fee)
– Cancellation between 24th November 2019 and 15th January 2020: 50% refund of registration fee
– Cancellation after 15th January 2020: No refunds
Please remember that cancelling your registration will not cancel your hotel and travel arrangements. You are solely responsible for cancelling your own hotel and travel reservations. The GEOINNO2020 conference takes no responsibility for any damages, costs, or losses you obtain by cancelling your registration.
In the unlikely event of conference cancellation by the organisers, the conference registration payments will be refunded in full. The organisers will not be liable for the cost of any pre-booked travel tickets or accommodation.
An individual registrant may make one substitution at any time for an additional one-off NOK 187.50 (≈ EUR 19) administration fee. Please see the Substitution Policy below for details.
Substitutions are allowed with the written permission of the original registrant. Written requests for substitutions will only be considered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– lndividual substitution is only allowed with the written permission of the original registrant.
– The substituted individual must be in the same registration fee category as the cancelled registrant.
– A maximum of one (1) substitution per original registrant is allowed.
– There will be a NOK 187.50 (≈ EUR 19) processing fee for any substitution.
VISA REQUIREMENTS / INVITATION LETTER
It is the individual attendees’ sole responsibility to take care of any visa applications or other travel requirements. If you require an entry visa for Norway, you must allow sufficient time for the visa application procedure. Your registration details might be shared with the immigration authorities to assist in the immigration process. However, the GEOINNO2020 Organising Committee will not contact embassies and consulates on your behalf.
To receive an invitation letter for the GEOINNO2020 conference, you must first register and pay the registration fees in full. You will have the option to request an invitation letter during the registration process.
If you are not granted a visa, the registration fees will be reimbursed (minus a NOK 375 (≈ EUR 37) administration fee) if you are able to provide email@example.com with an official document from European or Norwegian immigration authorities, showing the visa rejection and that the application was submitted before 30th November 2019.
In its sole discretion and without refund, the GEOINNO2020 organisers reserve the right to refuse admittance to or expel from the GEOINNO2020 conference anyone that it determines is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the conference or any other participants.
PHOTOGRAPHY, AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDING
The GEOINNO2020 Conference is held in a public space, therefore the GEOINNO2020 Organising Committee does not prohibit participants, exhibitors, sponsors, news organisations or other companies from photographing GEOINNO2020 activities; however, video and audio recording by participants is strictly prohibited unless you have obtained express written consent from the GEOINNO2020 Organising Committee. GEOINNO2020 reserves the right to use images taken at the conference for its own communication or promotional activities.
The conference organisers will issue conference related information both prior to and after the conference via email to all registered attendees. During the conference the organisers might issue critical conference related information via text message to the registered attendees. The list of attendees and registered details will be disposed in accordance with GDPR regulations 60 days after the end of the conference.